Monday, June 5, 2017

New Clay Hooks

After covering a few of my aluminum hooks, some with success, some not, I decided to do more of them. I love the way they feel in my hand and I can crochet for hours with one of them without pain. I had to go to Walmart yesterday to pick up more yarn for my ripple afghan and decided to look around and see if they had any polymer clay. I was surprised that they did, they seem to have really cut down on stock of craft supplies since they re-set the store. I hate what they did to the yarn section, so much less than what they previously had. The nearest craft store is a 50 mile drive from here, but if Walmart continues to cut back on yarn I guess I'll have to make the trip. Anyway, I found all of the yarn that I needed, except for the Monet, which is the variegated one in the afghan. I'm hoping that I have enough left to finish it.
Yesterday afternoon I covered 4 more of my hooks with polymer clay. Here's what they look like.



That one on the bottom is a 2.5 mm. I think the smallest I've ever crocheted with is a 3.5 but I wanted to have a couple smaller covered in clay, just in case. I now have an almost complete set, ranging from 2.5 mm to 6.5 mm in half mm increments. I'm just missing the 6 mm, which I'll have to find and cover with clay. Here's a view of the ones I've done so far.



Well I better get busy, today is a rainy day and a good one for crocheting.
Until next time, happy hooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Wreath for My Door

I have been working off and on, crocheting a Christmas wreath for my apartment door. My door is a dark red so I didn't want any red in t...