Saturday, June 10, 2017

Dog Collar for Marty

I've been looking at my dog Marty's collar for awhile now. I never liked it much, I only bought it because it was red and thought it would look good on him. He's had it awhile now. I didn't want to buy him another one because I can never find one that I like, so I thought that I'd just make him a new collar. I picked up the supplies that I needed on my last Walmart excursion and today I thought I'd just whip it up for him. Of course I used cotton yarn so that it would be nice and soft around his neck. I took off his old collar and used it for a guide for the length. I also cut off the D-ring with his little bone tag on it so that I could incorporate it into the new collar. I crocheted the collar in half double crochet stitches and I think it turned out pretty good. Here are a couple photos of it.








Of course, Marty is extremely camera shy and with nobody else handy to bribe him with a treat it was near impossible to get a decent photo of him wearing his new collar. He just won't sit still for photos, he tries to run away. After about 30 pictures, I kid you not, I managed to get these 2 halfway decent ones.






Earlier this week I had the opportunity to test an amigurumi pattern for a great designer. I can't say anything more about it or show you the finished item until she publishes it, so more on that in the near future.

After finishing that project I started back on my ripple afghan. It's getting longer, I'm about halfway done with it now. I'll update on that later. I best get back to working on it. I've been watching OITNB new season & crocheting.

Until next time! Happy hooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Wreath for My Door

I have been working off and on, crocheting a Christmas wreath for my apartment door. My door is a dark red so I didn't want any red in t...